September 1, 2009
I’m not saying I’m actually back on track with the blog, but I’m hoping to get there soon.
August was a little crazy in the Wilson Household. By the numbers:
- 2 – number of visits by my parents
- 2 – number of visits by friends from Austin
- 1 – number of visits by Julie’s brother and his family
- 6 – number of weeks (give or take) Julie’s mom is living with us while convalescing from surgery
- 10,243 – number of No. 2 pencils Julie ordered and had sorted as part of the boys’ school’s supply sale (there are lots of other numbers I could use from the supply sale, but that’s always the one that gets me — basically, all the pencils needed for an entire school year for ~80% of the students in a school that handles grades K through 5)
- 7 – number of suet cakes Carson and I made using Julie’s Uncle Bill’s recipe because Carson wanted to attract a downy woodpecker to our backyard feeder
- 2 – number of species of woodpeckers that showed up the day we put the suet cakes out (a downy woodpecker and a red-billed woodpecker) — yes…I need to do a post to get that recipe added!
[UPDATE: Following my mother’s comment and an e-mail exchange between Carson and her, Carson has agreed that the latter woodpecker is indeed a red-bellied woodpecker.]
- 1 – number of job changes; I left Nationwide to take a really exciting job as Director, Measurement and Analytics (and, no, I’m NOT going to explain what that is — sorry) at Resource Interactive, a very highly regarded and long-standing digital agency. The weeks leading up to the change were busy-hectic-stressful, but I started the new job on Monday.
I really do expect to get back on track with updates. Bear with me!